I’ve been following the Philippines’ Olympic journey ever since I took part in 2008. I wasn’t an athlete but I was there working behind the scenes at the Bird’s Nest making sure that the building is running smoothly. The flagbearer at that time was Mr. Manny Pacquiao. The president at that time invited the whole Filipino community of Beijing to a luncheon in support of our athletes. There I met a petite young weightlifter by the name of Hidilyn Diaz. That was her first Olympic games at a young age of 17.
Every year during the summer months, our church celebrates Love Week. It’s the church outreach program in steroids. From July 24 to 31, the church will partner and serve over 300 organizations to provide help in five key areas of need. We are encouraged to serve at least 1 hour.Continue reading “Love Week 2021”
My stepson loves shrimp and lobster. Since lobster is quite expensive, we opted to give him shrimp instead. When my husband and I went to Costco, my brother suggested we get tempura shrimps. This made me look back and reminisce my youth. The lightly battered deep fried shrimp with that sauce (yum!). Anyway, we tried looking for the tempura shrimp at Costco but there was none to be found. Then how would this article be about tempura shrimp wars? Read on.
SeaPak Tempura Shrimp
After the unsuccessful search of tempura shrimp at Costco, we search our local supermarket and was able to find one.
A box contains 8 shrimps that you can bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Don’t bother with the sauce included in the pack as it’s too sweet.
Verdict: It passed my stepson’s taste and my favorite among the 3 tempura shrimp brands in this Tempura Shrimp Wars.
Expectation is the anticipation to believe on what has not happen.
Another month passed and we’re halfway through the year. Time really flies so fast. Next thing I know I will be a year older. For the month of June, 3 of my aunts in the West Coast and Australia celebrated their birthday. We had 3 zoom parties with raffle, bingo and other games. It was fun and a good way to catch up with everybody. Aside from parties, here’s the rest of June’s update.
- Averaging 10,000 steps a day: For June, my aim was to average 3,000 steps a day. I think I started really aiming for the 3,000 step goal mid-June. I’m happy to say that my average in June is 3,556 steps. That New York day trip really helped as I hit 16,781 steps that day.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables: It’s slowly getting there. I try to cook the stir fry ground turkey with tomatoes, mushroom and spinach at least once a week.
- Drinking water: As much as possible, I drink water every meal or throughout the day. I don’t go turkey with sweetened beverages but try to limit it to twice a week. When I’m sick, I do lemon juice with honey.
- Instagram: I didn’t realize a lot of people are into posting the day to day of their plushies. Well, I created an instagram account of our bear plushie named Prototype. You can catch his antics on @bear.prototype … I update his account every two days. As for my main account, @chefclaudine … I missed the 3 days and sometimes update it on the 4th day. My other account, @thecoffeedisciple .. I rarely update it as I’m not the coffee drinker but my hubby.
- Blogging: the vacation earlier this month didn’t help me. It seems like it took me a long time to recover and get my groove back. I was able to only post 4 articles and a quote. No review or anything and most of them were written later than the post date.
- Blog traffic: If April was my previous low at 72, June is now my new low at 63. I really need to write more articles and consistently. (crossing fingers)