We’re down to 43 days till the start of the 29th Summer Olympiad and what’s the hottest commodity in town? OLYMPIC TICKETS!!!! Everyone wants one and those who have it are selling it for profit. So, which exactly are the most sought after tickets??
– Opening ceremony : They only draw this in Phase 1 and a person can only apply for 1 ticket. Only 91,000 spectators will see the live show directed by Zhang Yi Mou at the Bird’s Nest and Chinese are paying top money to witness it. My friend and his friend both won 1 ticket each with a face value of RMB 800 and are selling it for RMB 30,000 each. I’m not sure if there will be someone who’ll buy it but I’ve heard people who would pay for more than that.
– Athletics Aug. 21 evening games : What’s so special about this event? It’s the 110m hurdles and the favorite Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang is pressured to win the gold medal. The face value of the tickets are RMB 800/400/200. A friend’s friend was able to sell 3 tickets with face value of RMB 800 @ RMB 20,000 each. That’s ridiculously expensive! The same friend who has the opening ceremony tickets is also selling two of them for RMB 10,000 each.
– Football Finals : Chinese are crazy about football! I was so frustrated when I wasn’t able to purchase the quarterfinal tickets coz I still have a pending transaction which I haven’t paid yet. Oh well.. I’m not sure how much they’re asking for these tickets but I’m pretty sure it’s quite steep.
– Women’s Volleyball Finals : the Chinese women’s volleyball team won the 2004 Olympic gold medals and they’re in the running to grab that gold again. A close friend of mine has two which he won during Phase 1 and he’s willing to part with it if the price is right. If not, he’ll just use and watch it. Heh!
– Men’s basketball : Any men’s basketball event is a sought-after ticket. All tickets sold for this event was snapped up within an hour of the start of the Phase 3 ticket sales. I mean, 10 mins in and I wasn’t able to get even preliminary games.
– : This is the Chinese national sport, so it’s also one of the events wherein China expect to win the gold. The top players are considered national icons and a lot of kids dream to be one of them.
According to the ticketing website, the only remaining tickets for sale are the football tickets in Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenyang and Qinghuangdao. So.. if you’re planning to buy tickets, make sure you have deep pockets to fund your plans.
If you want to buy my friend’s tickets and you can afford their price, leave me a comment and I’ll let you know if it’s sold yet or not. As for me, I was able to buy 16 tickets.. only one is for me and the rest is for my close friend’s family.