The sweaters and jackets will take a backseat and imaginations will go wild as Halloween hits town this Friday! Witches with broom, ninjas, skeletons will roam the street looking for places to haunt and party! Halloween in Beijing is always fun with the different costumes and wild parties. It doesn’t matter if it’s a weekday or a weekend as long as it’s Halloween, everyone is out to have a good time!
So if you want to dress like a princess or be godzilla, here are some places for you to strut your stuff this Halloween:
1. Ku-18 – Located at 798 Art District, this year’s theme is “Spooked”. If you’re into warehouses and funky music, this will be your dig in this occasion. RMB 100 (door), RMB 70 (advance). 朝阳区酒仙桥路798创意广场18号
2. La Baie Des Anges – If you don’t want costumes or games, this fun bar at Houhai have cocktails and great wine starting at 9pm as they are “Anti-Halloween: Hallowine!”. Free entrance. 西城区后海南官房胡同5号
3. Obiwan – Rock enthusiasts will dig this place as “Beijing Calling: Halloween Edition” is celebrated this Friday. Drink specials all night long as well as costumes, tricks and treats. Party starts at 10pm and admission is free. 西城区西海西沿4号
4. Star Live – this year’s Yen Fetish Halloween party will be at Star Live. If you want to experience real Beijing Halloween, the Yen team won’t disappoint you. Entrance fee is RMB150 (door) or RMB80 (advance). 东城区和平西街79号糖果三层
5. Block 8 – never attended your high school prom? it’s a 50s theme at the “Death Prom: Night of the Living Dead” at Block 8. Known for their top-notch parties and guests, you sure would get the chance to rub elbows with the rich and famous. Party starts at 9pm. 朝阳区朝阳公园西路8号
More parties elsewhere but these are just some of the hot spots in town. If you don’t want to party with everyone, you could hold one at your place with your friends and scare the living daylights of your neighbours.