- Australian pop diva, Kylie Minogue, will be in town for a one night concert at the Worker’s Gymnasium on December 1. Ticket prices from RMB 280 to 2580. When we bought our reserved tickets this afternoon at piao.com.cn’s office, they’ve informed us that they don’t have any tickets left for the cheapest one.
- The Elton John and Tim Rice Broadway musical, Aida, will hit the Beijing Exhibition Theater stage on November 19 to 23.
- Carrefour Shuangjing Branch will hold a wine tasting and Beaujolais Nouveau on Wednesday, November 19 from 6pm to 1am to celebrate a French custom. Grab your chance to taste some free wines!
- Want to see the inside of the Water Cube? Every night till November 30, you can watch a music spectacular show starting at 730pm. Ticket price is RMB 200/400/600/800. This would be your last chance to see the inside before they start renovating it to turn it to a water park.
- iPhones are still not available for purchase legally in China. Also, the iPod touch 1st generation is being phased out now at the Apple Store in Sanlitun to give way to the 2nd gen which is targeted to be released early next year.
- A 41 year old man was sentenced to 30 month jail and asked to pay a fine of $65,000 for re-selling Olympic tickets. He was arrested last May 13 due to fraudulent means of purchasing the tickets.
- Fengtai district installed 6 exercise bikes in a park for old ladies and gentlemen who wants to keep their youthful energy. These exercise bikes can function as electric generators which will power small appliances and lights. They will provide these collected electricity to help needy households.
That’s it for now! I’ll keep you posted for more news tidbits and events in the future!