Spring has sprung and I would like to thank my readers for being my accountability partners in my personal challenge. For this month, here’s an update on how I’m doing. I know it’s not my usual post but I really need to write it all down to be accountable.
Continue reading “March 2021 Personal Challenge Update”
- Log all food I ate. – Going strong. I’m not sure though if the calories intakes are correct.
- 10 flights of stairs a day – There were three days in March that I missed completing this goal. On one of them, I missed it by 1 flight of stairs. I really thought I completed it but apparently not. On the second missed day, I was sick and my husband forbade me to complete it. On the third missed day, I had a late start and by the time it hit 12mn, I only completed 9 flights.
- Strength training twice a week: This is still going but sometimes I don’t feel like doing it. Getting bored perhaps?
- Plank for 2 mins: I added planking mid-month and started with 30 mins. I will gradually increase it till I hit my goal of 2 mins. Hopefully, I will be able to reach that 2 min goal. I’ve tried it several times before but I wasn’t able to complete it ever. The longest I’ve ever done is 1 min.
- Eat salad once a week: I was able to eat salad once this month. I’ve been eating a lot of crab cakes too. I think I will remove this on my challenge for next month.
- 6 months seizure free!!! I can now go back and drive!!
- COVID-19 vaccine: I got my first dose last March 18 with my second dose scheduled on April 13.
Buying low and selling high is one of the old ways to earn money. Since were in the 20th century, the former way of peddling your goods in the street went on an upgrade and became selling online. Nowadays, there are several sites which you could sell your goods depending what your market is. For me, I opted for Ebay and Amazon.
One thing you should know if you sell on eBay or Amazon is you have to add the percentage they deduct to the price of your goods. eBay deducts 10% on the total amount of the good plus shipping (i.e. Goods ($10) + shipping ($5) = eBay ($1.5). Amazon on the other hand have different rates for the different types of goods.
Continue reading “Side Hustle 3: Selling on eBay or Amazon”
Happy Birthday Maya!
It was Maya’s birthday last May 15 and she treated us for drinks at Aria. Lots of people and free-flowing drinks. Maya look beautiful and glowing. Marco and her were joking to each other that they’ll have babies together. It was a fun night but my stomach overruled my plan to stay.
So, I stayed till 830pm and left with Ken & Bianca. They both introduced me to Duck De Chine. This restaurant is located in the hidden city at the back of Pacific Plaza in Sanlitun. The surroundings is quite nice and would be perfect for a garden wedding. It has a homey feel and serenity that is hard to find in a bustling city like Beijing. The ambiance inside the restaurant is one of elegance and quiet beauty. Brown bricks, red lamps, champagnes in cabinets and black cloth tables. This would be the duck place I’ll bring my visiting friends.
Continue reading “Duck De Chine”
Continue reading “Kempi Deli’s White Chocolate Mousse Cake”
May 28 seems to be a good day for birthdays. 3 of my friends celebrated their birthday (Bambi, George, and Cesar). George is my colleague and what’s a birthday without a cake. Since Steak and Eggs iquite far to pick up my favorite cheesecake and Kempinski Hotel is closer, I thought why not buy a cake from that place. I’ve heard reviews that they have one of the best cakes in Beijing. So I thought, it wouldn’t hurt to try and add it to my list of places where I can buy good cakes.